William Howard Morris began his funeral directing career in 1886 in Bellbrook, Ohio. William and his wife, Lillie (Austin) had owned a boarding house for carpetbaggers, and saw a need in the area for a reputable funeral home. The next location after Bellbrook was in the small town of Alpha, and then they moved to downtown Xenia for a short while. They later moved to Old Osborn, which has since become Fairborn.
William and Lillie had five sons, Austin, Warren, Art, John and James E. and one daughter, Katherine. All five sons were active in establishing highly reputable, respected family businesses. William opened the Dayton location on East 3rd Street in 1905, and his grandson James R. Morris (Bob) built the Kettering location on E. Dorothy Lane, in 1974. In 1986 a 3,500 square foot, handicap accessible addition, with beautiful furnishings and stained glass windows was added to the Fairborn location to complement the existing Victorian home. The whole front of the Kettering funeral home was bumped out and a pitched roof was added to the entire building. The new addition has a ceiling height of 23 feet and includes a beautiful fireplace, with additional seating area. Large windows allow natural light to filter the entire building, giving it a warm and homey atmosphere.